Re: Carbon Build-up

To: webb@daikin-america.com
Subject: Re: Carbon Build-up
From: Jay Snable <jsnable@mac.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 09:13:29 -0800
I thought I would relay my intake valve experience. I had massive (and moist)
build up that turned out to be caused by oil leaking down the valve guides. All
was fine until I add some roller rockers. That, along with the extra oil feed
line, led to much more oil in the valve gear. I ended up changing back to the
(poorly fed) original rockers until I got the head rebuilt. I had valve seals
added just in case... The carbon was cleaned off during the hot tanking of the
head.

Jay
'73 TR6