Re: Carbon Build-up

To: webb@daikin-america.com
Subject: Re: Carbon Build-up
From: jay_welch@juno.com
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 11:43:13 -0500
Hi Pat,

I've used this product on American cars and it does work.  I had a 1989
Mercury 5.0 that badly fouled the #8 plug.  I wanted to try to
decarbonize the engine so I decided I would decarbonize and then change
the plugs.  I followed the instructions...man does that stuff
stink....then changed the plugs.  The plugs, including #8 were completely
free of carbon.  I've heard of people using this because of compression
ratios being raised due to carbon buildup and the ensuing pinging.
Combustion Chamber De-Carbonizer - Goodwrench Top Engine Cleaner. Spray
can part# 1052626.  Non spray can part# 1050002. About $8 per can.
Good luck,
Jay

> Does anyone have experience with any gas additives that could remove
the carbon or other alternatives (I would like to put off a rebuild for a
few years)?