RE: Strengthening Differential Mounts

To: "'Jim Hurley'" <hurls@world.std.com>
Subject: RE: Strengthening Differential Mounts
From: Andrew Packard <apackard@triad.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2003 17:22:22 -0500
The rear should not need reinforcement.  I had front R mount repaired with the
body in the car with a fender washer welded under the frame bridge and the
bracket repaired.  I did not have it boxed in as I was close to swapping frames
and didn't want to go to the additional expense.  Make sure your mounting
rubber is not too old, too.  If it gets worn, more torque is transferred to the
mounts, increasing the stress.
Andy
CD6521L