RE: springs

To: "'Harry Hart'" <hhart2404@charter.net>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: springs
From: "R. Ashford Little II" <ralittle2@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2003 17:59:08 -0500
TRF actually lists three levels of springs:  stock, sport, and comp.  I
went with the comp springs, and I love them.  They are truly mislabeled,
as these are not suitable for competition - much too soft.

I would say it firms up the ride nicely, but not too harsh.  They also
lower the car about an inch - which I like also.

I also have Carrera shocks in the front, and rebuilt heavy duty levers
in the rear.  The ride is much more controlled, but not anywhere near
too stiff for me.

Regardless of which you choose, the TR6 is rarely labeled a smooth
riding car.  I would equate the change to going from worn out shocks to
new replacements:  more control and about 15-20% stiffer.  Not that
much.

I'd recommend either the sport or comp (they are really about the same)
over the stock in a heartbeat.

My .02

R. Ashford Little II
www.geocities.com/ralittle2