RE: TR6 seatbelts

To: "Web_disscusion List" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR6 seatbelts
From: "Jim Davis" <jdavis344@bellsouth.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 19:03:11 -0500
I used Ssnake-Oyl in Texas to re-web my seatbelts in CF38690UO, but they
aren't cheap, take a while to do the job and I'm not sure the tension is
on my belts is quite right. If I had it to do over again, I might go
with the Securon belts.
As Ashford queried, I'd like to hear from some one who has actually
installed the Securon belts in their car for a report on how they feel
about them.

Jim Davis
Fortson, GA
CF38690UO
CF37325U

At 10:59 AM -0500 2/21/03, Robert M. Lang wrote:
>A partial failure of a belt wen you need it is _not pretty_. A total
>failure can be fatal.
>
>While there are no guarantees in life, you can stack the odds in your
>favor a bit with new belts.
>
>Please consider using new belts if possible or rewebbing the old ones
>if you can find a suitable company to do the new webbing. This is _not_

>a DIY type job for those frugal folks out there.

I'd echo Bob's remarks on this one. If you want belts in your car, put
new webbing on the existing hardware, even if you have the originals.
There are a number of outfits advertising in Hemmings that do this sort
of work.

Phil Barnes (peb3@cornell.edu)
'71 TR6  CC61193L (26 year owner)