RE: Locating 3.5" flexible hose for intake

To: Web_disscusion List <6pack@autox.team.net>, owner-6pack@autox.team.net,
Subject: RE: Locating 3.5" flexible hose for intake
From: cm.sherman@verizon.net
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 09:47:07 -0500
Aircraft suppliers, like Spruce, have many interesting components that far
exceed automotive requirements/spec due to FAA regulations and
enviromental factors.

[ ] I had an old link to someone who did an excellent job of creating the
Haynes Manual OEM air intake application (59 Figure 3.1), but the link is
broken. The owner (may have been Bud Rolofson) purchased both 1 3/4 flanges
(part # 10350-7) and hose
supplies at Spruce. I still have a great photo -
http://members.verizon.net/~vze1k4sw/ebay/airintake.jpg

[ ] http://www.aircraftspruce.com
Aircraft Spruce & Specialty Co. is a worldwide distributor of aviation
supplies for experimental and certified aircraft. Everything for Airplanes

[ ] Abstract from http://www.dimebank.com/Bubbaspec.html
"get two pieces of Aeroduct (or the cheap J.C. Whitney substitute) and some
hose clamps, and make two snorkels from the forward intakes on the filter
box. Use Adel clamps to fasten these down somewhere in front of the
radiator. This will provide a good supply of cold air to the carbs and
reduce the engine's tendency to ping under load (especially when hot)."

Corey Sherman
cm.sherman@verizon.net