Re: e-bay

To: cm.sherman@verizon.net
Subject: Re: e-bay
From: Don Malling <dmallin@attglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 22:42:09 -0500
I agree with Corey.

I have recognized list member's email addresses on eBay and have
declined to bid against them. Gives me a funny feeling to out bid
someone who has helped me, or worst yet to not out bid them but succeed
only in raising the price on them. I decline to bid against them.

Maybe others don't agree, but I don't mind having members try to sell on
the list when they are willing to state a more or less fixed price -- "I
would like to get $xxx.xx but am willing to take offers." or "$xxx.xx
firm". Fact is I trust the folks on the list, and would be willing to
pay more for an item from them than on eBay. Interestingly enough, I
would also probably be willing to sell to them for less.

Something funny about bidding against a list member on eBay...

Just how it strikes me...others may not agree.

Don Malling