Re: e-bay

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: e-bay
From: cm.sherman@verizon.net
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 11:00:45 -0500
I ought to shy away from this issue, but this hits a nerve -- I agree with
Fred.

This LIST is the collaborative effort of many individuals -  vendors,
manufacturers and enthusiasts - who choose to discuss & address various
problems, issue & questions for the benefit of ALL that participate
without financial interest or personal gain.

For example:

  Don Mailing effort to acquire Gunst bearings at cost;
  Mark Macy's offer to stamp commission plates for free;
  Walter Fogle sending parts for Windscreen washer pump;
  my own effort of TR6 seat track o-rings at cost (16 for $2.00),
  or Reproduction of British Leyland Bill of Sale documents for free;

Posting your eBay items here creates rivalry amongst friends and peers,
who may seek the same part.

Here are a few suggestions:

 [ ] List your items for free
 [ ] Post an item with a fixed price (like so many other have in the past)
 [ ] Solicit email addresses for your own direct mail (per Jay Welch)
 [ ] participate in a different List (e.g., autojumble)
 [ ] create a web site (e.g., Richard Seaton)

But please don't make it sound like you're providing a 'public service' to
the List - unless the proceeds of the auction are to be distributed back
to the List or charitable organization.

IMHO, Corey