RE: Flywheel lightening, before and after

To: Mike Munson <fasttrs@mindspring.com>
Subject: RE: Flywheel lightening, before and after
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 10:52:39 -0500 (EST)
On Wed, 19 Feb 2003, Mike Munson wrote:

[good stuff deleted]

> Tilton used to make aluminum flywheels for early 6's.

Good luck finding one! They are def. made of "unobtainium".

> Mike Munson
> Snellville, Ga.

regards,
rml

Oh - by the way, I've got a Tilton alley FW on the race car. So far, so
good, three seasons of racing. I used stock TR6 flywheel bolts and loctite
red on the bolts and on the flywheel/crank interface. I'm considering the
Cambridge steel FW for the next motor which will be built for 7000 RPM
usage. Failing the Cmabridge Motorsports FW, I'm considering the PRI
racing "cut down" stock FW. Either way, a scattershield is a good idea (I
like my feet quite a lot, thankyou).
Voice:617-253-7438    FAX: 617-258-9535        |