Response to Richard

To: Triumph <triumphs@autox.team.net>, TR6 <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Response to Richard
From: "Andrew H. Litkowiak" <andylit@covad.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 23:40:38 -0600
The text of my response seems to be getting stripped out of the reply, so here
it is fresh.

Richard,

If you go back and review, you will see that you are incorrect in your timing.
If had you looked at what was posted, you would have seen that I am announcing
new batches of items, not harping on the old.

I have pretty much limited myself to a single post per new batch of items.

In anticipation of your next assumption, I am not running a Triumph or parts
business.  I am cleaning house in a big way, getting rid of my friend's project
and my own TR6 project. I'm also getting rid of 10 years of Land Cruiser items.

In regards to your opinion that the number listers regularly visiting ebay, I
would disagree. There is a very simple reality involved here. When I put my
items up on Ebay, they tend to languish, with minimal hits and minimal activity.

When I then make a list announcement, the activity spikes, as do the number of
bidders. Within minutes of the announcement, my inbox registers several
inquiries. The hit count goes up. Within a day, I may have as many as 15-20
interested list members asking questions.

That tells me that there are a substantial number of people who need/want parts,
but do not regularly visit ebay. (Note: since beginning composition of this
response, some items have been viewed by more than 30 unique individuals. It
would normally take 2 days for that to happen)

I have also found that ebay opponents usually seem to have little or no
objection to parts for sale if they are simply posted to the list. I've never
been able to figure that out.

I realize that some folks prefer not to see anything at all announced about
items for sale. Others welcome the news, especially those in need of parts at a
given moment.

I will not presume to speak for others on the list. I speak only for myself.

I suggest you do what has worked so well for me and millions of other list users
around the world.

If you see a message header you don't like, hit the delete key.

Andy Litkowiak