Re: Fuel lines to carbs on TR250

To: Andrew Packard <apackard@triad.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Fuel lines to carbs on TR250
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 10:14:09 -0500 (EST)
On Wed, 30 Oct 2002, Andrew Packard wrote:

> I just completed reassembling my manifolds and carbs, started the car
> (fired right up once the fuel got to the engine) and then noticed gas
> leaking from the three small rubber fuel line links around the engine
> and to the carbs.  I replaced the 34 year old black and yellow fuel
> line links with new ones, but I guess 34 years formed a pretty good
> seal.  I'm about to run to the 24 hour walmart for small clamps to
> solve the problem, but I hate going from cool looking stripes to black
> with ugly clamps.  Any suggestions?

A couple -

First the humorous one - you can achieve a leak free setup if you dump all
the puch-on fittings with AN style pressure fittings and braided stainless
hose. They look great and absolutely will not leak! Of course the $200+
price tag is a bit tough to swallow!

Second, the fuel line on these cars is pretty small. If you go to a full
service auto store, they should have 1/4" fuel line. That should get you a
better seal than the 5/16" stuff.

As far as ugly clamps are concerned - in my mind, a cheap clamp looks a
hell of a lot better than a burned-out TR6. Think safety first. Everything
else is just gravy.

> Andy
> TR250
> Greensboro, NC

rml
Voice:617-253-7438    FAX: 617-258-9535        |