RE: information from this site

To: "Jim Hill" <jrhill@chorus.net>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: information from this site
From: "Stephen Hanselman" <tr6@kc4sw.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 09:09:35 -0800
I wondered about that, on the other hand paranoia is a good thing
sometimes.  I'm the network guy here and have spent numerous hours
cleaning infections from systems supposedly protected by checkers.

I should have looked closer at where the mail came from.  BugBear will
grab an address plus other tatalizing info and create a an infected
message.  However it does not seem to spoof the sending domain.  Further
inspection indicates that lmco.com is the Lockheed Martin Company.

I have received several messages from folks infected with bugbear.  in
some of the cases I have been able to track them back to the computer that
was infected I'll keep looking

Thanks for the help

Steve