Rear shock observation correction

To: "Web_disscusion List" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Rear shock observation correction
From: "Richard Seaton" <rsh17@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 22:44:02 -0600
 Sorry, but I was wrong about the lever on the shock acting as a second stop.
It is for rebound on the trailing arms. The wheel arch stop is the only
compression (over travel) travel stop.
  I still wonder if the conversions mentioned earlier utilize the shock as the
stop, thus transmitting the force to the shock mount instead of the wheel
arch. I think this wouldn't be to good for the frame. Maybe some of the
earlier conversions didn't take this into account and cause stress crack in
the rear or the frame. Something worth looking into, perhaps?

Richard Seaton