RE: SU HIF6 carbs

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: SU HIF6 carbs
From: William Whitmoyer <wwhitmoyer@samsonite.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 12:32:43 -0400
Joe:

I think, if I'm remembering correctly, that the HIF SUs were developed to
meet emission laws, and are thus more complex than HS SUs (including moving
the float chamber under the carb body and a more aggressive over-rev bypass
mechanisms)...making HIFs sort of like your Z-Ss.  In addition to the usual
issues of buying old carbs as previously mentioned, I'd suggest hunting
down a set of HS-series SUs if you want an upgrade.