Home welder

To: 6pack list <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Home welder
From: Peter Macholdt <vze2846b@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 15:39:09 -0400
Well, I didn't plan to do this today, but I bought a welder. I think it is a
great deal, so I'm passing on the details.

After reviewing features and prices for a variety of home welders, I decided
that the 115volt Lincoln MIG welder was my best choice. With that knowledge
in hand, I went shopping. Most of the prices were very close, even on eBay
(some guy has a bunch of them up at what looks like list price). I decided
that when I was ready to buy, I'd get it from Eastwood as their price was
competitive and they have been good to deal with in the past.

About 2 weeks ago, I got a new catalog and flipped to the welders page.
Surprise, surprise, the MIG-PAK 10 had been reduced from $495.99 down to
$439.99 and it included a welding cart that usually goes for $45. Now I was
ready to jump, but still held back.

Sometimes procrastination has its rewards. Eastwood just emailed me a web
promotion that allowed an additional 10% off. Now this $500 MIG welder was
$396 and it included the cart. I admit it, I'm weak. I now own a welder.

NFI,
Peter
'68 TR250