Re: Oil Consumption

To: ShewFamily@aol.com
Subject: Re: Oil Consumption
From: Mitchel Seff <ms6453@optonline.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 14:21:39 -0400
John,
Your hot oil pressure  temps are perfect. The compression is a little
low  on the weakest cyl but the exact readings escapes me ( I think
around 135-140 ). Oil consumption is excessive and if it's not escaping
through your rings it's probably coming up through the valve stems.
I would confirm your hot oil pressure by taking a 20 minute drive at
50mph & rechecking this will be more accurate. Just running the car
locally till the temp reaches normal does not thoroughly warm the oil to
the  "running viscosity". If indeed your readings remain the same your
bearings should be decent but I would also check you thrust washers
while the motor is out.
Believe me , it never ends

--
Mitch Seff