Re: gear lube?

To: "'6pack@autox.team.net'" <6pack@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: gear lube?
From: "Lumia, John" <jlumia@ball.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 11:40:11 -0600
Walt, I agree with everything Bob Lang said.  I tried the GL-5 stuff,
and my transmission was very hard to shift particularly between 1st and
2nd, something I didnt experience with whatever was in there by the PO,
so I switched to Redline MT-90.  When I dumped the GL-5 it ran a gold
color, probably bronze material from the synchros.  My transmission
shifts so much better now.

John - 1976 TR6 non-OD

Walt wrote:>
I've been told that the correct gear lube for a tr6 transmission is
80-90W
GL4 gear lube. How critical is the GL4 rating. Can it be GL4-5-6 rated?
I've
talked to a couple shops and they use Castrol 80-90W.