That pesky oil filter gasket

To: "'6pack@autox.team.net'" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: That pesky oil filter gasket
From: "Knight, James" <James.Knight@purchase.edu>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 09:59:24 -0400
A dental pick or similar small, sharp, hooked probe is the best tool I've
found to pull that gasket out of its groove in the block.  You can get these
at most car show flea markets, from Harbor Freight, and now and again I see
them on the counter at the local hardware store.  And like many of us, I
struggled with that leak for a long time before I figured out that the PO
had installed a new gasket at some point without first removing the old one.
If you have more than one gasket, you get a leak.
Jim Knight