RE: spin-on oil filter

To: phil and jen pallone <ppallones@core.com>, 6-pack
Subject: RE: spin-on oil filter
From: John Korsak <jkorsak@heath-bloxom.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 08:41:14 -0500
There is an excellent study on oil filters. See
www.frankhunt.com/FRANK/corvette/articles/oilfilterstudy/oilfilterstudy.html
.  I use Fram TG 3600 (Tough Guard).  There are others out there that are
good, but plenty that are worse.  I don't know about helping engine temps,
but the Tough Guard keeps oil in the filter at startup and my oil pressure
comes up quickly.
I installed my spin-on adapter so that filter faces down and slightly
forward (in order to clear clutch slave cylinder. One more tip.  Save the O
ring from the old canister.  It is a perfect replacement for the gasket
between the mirror and the enclosure on the outside bullit door mirror.

John
74 TR6