RE: frame forces from Shock conversion (was Quality time with

To: "'Robert M. Lang'" <lang@isis.mit.edu>,
Subject: RE: frame forces from Shock conversion (was Quality time with
From: "linob" <lino.baggio@idxcorporation.ca>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 14:58:30 -0400
Hello list,

I've been a subscriber to the list for - what time is it now?? - about 2
days and have been following this thread with great interest.
My brother has recently purchase a very nice '76 TR6, it's in excellent
original condition and is a joy to drive ...except...it doesn't really
inspire confidence when driven spiritedly on twisty roads; kind of the
inverse of what a sports car of this nature should be. The car actually
rocks fore / aft during aggressive up shifts. The previous owner had
recently spent a small fortune on a Spax rear shock conversion and had
updated the front as well. Being the family wrencher, he's turned to me
for advice on tightening up the handling as I've cut my teeth on Datsuns
(240z and Roadsters)and he would like to get similar crispness in the
handling department. I'm hoping for some guidance as I'm not that
familiar with the aftermarket support for the TR's.
I'm now turning to the expertise of this list for any suggestions on
suspension up grades - stiffer springs, sway bars, shocks, urethane
bushings, even tires. The end result being tighter handling, not a bone
jarring dump truck type ride.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions and I look forward to your
replies