Re: Pesky dipstick felt

To: mcreamer@earthlink.net, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Pesky dipstick felt
From: Trsx69@aol.com
Date: Sun, 6 Oct 2002 20:10:09 EDT
Mark,
They all had them.  I'm sure if you look real hard you may see flatten
remnents of the old felt.  Besides given a slightly different oil level
reading, it also serves as a seal.
Regards
Jim Holewka
6-Pack C.J. & B.W.
New Jersey

In a message dated 10/6/02 6:51:30 PM, mcreamer@earthlink.net writes:

<< At TRials I was perusing some of the goodies the TRF guy was peddling,
and I noticed a box of felt spacers for the dipstick. Knowing my car did
not and has not had one of these since I bought it two years ago, I
quickly became concerned   if a spacer is supposed to be there, I ve
been seeing false oil level readings. So I consulted the TRF catalog,
and discovered it is indeed pictured there. So now I have one my
question is, should I? That is, was it specified for all years, or is my
76 *not supposed to have one? Seems like a goofy question, but that 75
cent part makes about a > quart difference in the reading!
Thanks!

Mark Creamer
6-PACK Membership Secretary
membership@6-pack.org