Pesky dipstick felt

Subject: Pesky dipstick felt
From: "Mark Creamer" <mcreamer@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 6 Oct 2002 18:48:25 -0400
At TRials I was perusing some of the goodies the TRF guy was peddling,
and I noticed a box of felt spacers for the dipstick. Knowing my car did
not and has not had one of these since I bought it two years ago, I
quickly became concerned  if a spacer is supposed to be there, Ive
been seeing false oil level readings. So I consulted the TRF catalog,
and discovered it is indeed pictured there. So now I have onemy
question is, should I? That is, was it specified for all years, or is my
76 *not supposed to have one? Seems like a goofy question, but that 75
cent part makes about a > quart difference in the reading!
Thanks!

Mark Creamer
6-PACK Membership Secretary
membership@6-pack.org