first/second gate 'disappears'...

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: first/second gate 'disappears'...
From: George Loriot <George_Loriot@brown.edu>
Date: Fri, 04 Oct 2002 08:12:26 -0400
Hi all,

Just this morning, coming to work, the first/second gate on my 76 tr6 just
plan disappeared - shift lever moves with no resistance from first-second,
no gear engagement.  third/fourth gate is normal, reverse is normal.  So
the connection to the first/second control rod in the top cover just
disconnected someplace.  Does this sound familiar to anyone?  Is there a
'common' component that disconnects here?  What should I expect to look for
after removing the top cover this weekend?  Could I get lucky and just have
to reconnect or do we expect a broken part in there?  There was no nasty
clunk when this happened, just no control of first/second shifter hub.

Thanks for any help - this list is just great, especially for a novice tr6 guy.

George Loriot