Re: "Stubby" TR6 gear shift lever

To: madmax_xx@hotmail.com (Shane Ingate)
Subject: Re: "Stubby" TR6 gear shift lever
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2002 23:28:22 -0700 (PDT)
Hi, Shane---Just a couple or three thoughts along this line...I always
liked the shorter shifter. Back when gear shifts were two feet long and
you had to move them a foot to change gears, we "kids" would simply cut
them about in half and rethread the stub. No boot here to shorten,
either.

We also "knew" that the shorter shifter gave us at least a car length
advantage during speed shifts.

Of course we lost a little leverage with the shorter shifter and had to
lean over a bit, but if your girl was with you, this wasn't too bad.

As Mr. Bunker would say...Those were the days, my friend!

Dick