"Stubby" TR6 gear shift lever

To: 6 Pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: "Stubby" TR6 gear shift lever
From: Shane Ingate <madmax_xx@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Oct 2002 13:16:26 -0400
All,

Does anyone know how long the gear shift lever is on the TVR 2500M?   The
TR6 gearbox shifts beautifully (IMHO, its among the best in the world), but
in the 2500M, where TVR cut down the length of the lever, it is simply
stunning.

When I find out how long the TVR gear lever is, I intend to shorten my gear
lever cutting it near the ball, cut it to the same length as the TVR, and
then re-weld it.  This keeps the threaded end for the gear shift knob
intact, as well as leaving the polished section of the tapered shaft
unmarked.  You will not be able to see the weld because it will be hidden by
the boot.

Heh, and Miata owners think they have a monopoly on sweet shifters.  :)

Thanks in advance,

Shane Ingate in Maryland