Car insurance

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Car insurance
From: Lizirbydavis@cs.com
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2002 18:06:40 EDT
I've been following the string regarding "agreed upon value" policy
insurance.  I too drive my TR6 every day "for pleasure"...sometimes to work,
grocery store etc... and am paying too much for car insurance, even though
the TR is not my primary driver.  While Hagerty etc...  is offering great
rates for agreed value,  I'm scared to death of their measly $ amounts for
liability, uninsured driver, medical reimbursement, etc... I certainly want
to cover the value of my car, but I'm more concerned about my financial  well
being!  A friend of mine just ran his car into a string of cars (including a
Mercedes and a Range Rover), then proceeded to take out the front of a
grocery store.  Needless  to say, he is up to his eyeballs in law suits.
Even with his high-dollar State Farm insurance (which he thought was
adequate), he was grossly uninsured for this accident.  I was recently at a
car show in Va, where an unattended MGB rolled down a hill and almost
plastered a row of AH 100/4s.  I cringe to think what kind of insurance that
fellow had.  If the car hadn't been stopped, it would have been a test for
the best of policies.  Are there any other options?  Can you supplement a
regular policy (where liability etc... can be negotiated for price) with an
"agreed value policy"?

Joe Davis
paying through the nose ...but sleeping at night in
Drakes Branch Va