Re: Correct colors? - Manifolds and WP/t-stat Housings

To: 6pack list <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Correct colors? - Manifolds and WP/t-stat Housings
From: Peter Macholdt <vze2846b@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 02 Oct 2002 11:04:55 -0400
William,

The intake manifold and the thermostat housing are aluminum (at least on my
250). I bead-blasted them and sprayed them with the Diamond Clear Semi Gloss
from Eastwood. So far (2 years), they look great and it was way cheaper than
ceramic or powder coating.

On the exhaust manifold, I'm not sure if it is worth coating. They get so
rusty that I wonder if they can be cleaned well enough for the coating to
adhere for any length of time. Others on the list have more direct
experience (Val- what is your long-term experience with the Jet-Hot?)

I have my headers Jet-Hot coated and they look great. However, I started
with brand new ss pieces.

Peter
'68 TR250