Re: 10 Sec ET TR6 Pics

To: tjh173@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: 10 Sec ET TR6 Pics
From: jay_welch@juno.com
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 13:00:06 -0400
Just as a reference point, I have a friend with a Chevy 350CID, 365 HP,
automatic who ran high 11's with slicks at New England Dragway.  This car
is all set up to the NHRA rules, full tube frame, roll cage, fuel cell.
This car is also a street driver (minus the slicks of course).  I may be
wrong (wouldn't be the first time) but it is hard to believe that the TR6
engine in almost any configuration is capable of bettering those numbers
on a quarter mile.  Ed's car can be seen at

http://clubs.hemmings.com/capecodbritish/CarPhotos/Eds_TR6-engine_bay.jpg

http://clubs.hemmings.com/capecodbritish/CarPhotos/Ed_Restighinis_V-8_TR6
.jpg

Jay Welch, Abington MA
Secretary, "Cape Cod British Car Club"
http://clubs.hemmings.com/capecodbritish/
1973 TR6 driver, 1971 TR6 project
1989 Mustang GT someday morphing into a Factory Five '65 Roadster

-----

-----