Re: 10 Sec ET TR6 Pics

To: "Kai M. Radicke" <kai@radiohead.net>
Subject: Re: 10 Sec ET TR6 Pics
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 10:50:42 -0400 (EDT)
Hi,

I really wonder if that car is capable of 10 1/4 miles... maybe 10 sec.
1/8 miles...

Several points... no roll bar. Most rules bodies won't let you run below
11's w/o a roll bar. At least that's what I remember. Next - triple DGV's?
Shit, if he switched to DCOE 40's, he could run NHRA Pro Stock.
Bwahahahahahaha.

Regarding tire sticking out from the fender wells... I don't know about
the other 49 states, but you could probably get away with this in my home
state. However, I will say that the tires on my race car stick out at
least as far as those in the pictures... I think the steel wheels probably
help increase the unsprung weight. That's gotta help traction. :-) It def.
won't help the turning thing.

Bottom line - I hope he has fun with the car. The claims do seem to be a
bit exaggerated.

Later.
rml
Voice:617-253-7438    FAX: 617-258-9535        |