Fwd: TR6 performance motor

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Fwd: TR6 performance motor
From: Timothy Holbrook <tjh173@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 11:59:02 -0700 (PDT)
Sorry to stay hung up on this, but $2500 ON RODS AND PISTONS?  I'm not
talking about an E prod race machine here.  I'm talking about a street
engine with some extra kick.  The stock components can handle this no
problem.  There's no need to go overboard spending thousands on exotic
forged alloy stuff.  Keep it simple, keep it cheap, and have fun.
Heck, even if my engine blows tomorrow, I could rebuild it again and
still have money left in my pocket, in comparison.  If you're running
the car constantly at 7000rpm under wide-open throttle, then I see the
need to get expensive parts.  But for the street?  No thanks, I'll
pocket the extra cash and throw it into suspension, paint, interior,
etc.

Tim Holbrook
1971 TR6