RE: Megasquirt EFI

To: "'6pack@autox.team.net'" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Megasquirt EFI
From: "Greg Bengeult (Seattle)" <gbengeult@dotcast.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 11:57:53 -0700
There are a couple of us in the Seattle area, myself and John Dombey, who
have been following the MegaSquirt developments.  We both plan to 'squirt
our TR6's at some point in the future, but John is in the process of a full
frame-up and I am just putting the finishing touches on a replacement
engine, so the EFI conversions won't happen for a while.

My new engine will be running about 9.5:1 compression with a GoodParts GP-2
cam.  I did a little mild porting on the head and smoothed out the
combustion chamber profiles a lot.  If the EFI conversion goes smoothly and
works well, I may swap in a GP-3 cam later.

I plan to do the EFI conversion by mounting a set of PI intake manifolds
with electronic injectors from a TR8.  I will have to machine the manifolds
a bit to match the injector bodies.  I will use a stock PI air plenum, and
mount a 52mm throttle body up to the plenum front end.

Greg Bengeult
1971 TR6
gbengeult@dotcast.com