RE: Details: gas cap

To: corey.sherman@rcn.com
Subject: RE: Details: gas cap
From: Will <tr6@mac.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2002 11:36:47 +0100
>Extracted for a Triumph Service notice:
>It is additionally necessary to be certain that the hinge is lined up at
>an approximate 450

Hi Corey,

Thanks for sharing this info, just curious if you have a date for the
service bulletin?
If it is after Feb 1975 it would explain why I haven't seen a UK car
with the filler cap this way, otherwise it is either because: The US
filler cap is a different design, or, Triumph weren't so interested
in the safety of UK drivers!

I had seen this US brochure and wondered why they had photographed a
car with a 'wonky' filler cap, at least I know better now.

Regards,

--
William Davies
1975 TR6 PI