Re: gas cap angle -- further discussion

To: "Vink, Graham" <vinkg@fleishman.com>
Subject: Re: gas cap angle -- further discussion
From: corey.sherman@rcn.com
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2002 08:36:56 -0400
>...that it was only CRASS REVISIONISM  (i.e. the factory service
bulletin)
>that resulted in the 45-degree angle.

Creative, but I wouldn't go so far as to label the lid placement as a
"major" engineering marvel or concept (with all due respect to Triumph
engineers).

Regardless of the service bulletin, and the safety aspects, most
"official" literature does portrays the gas lid aligned as you describe in
a fore-and-aft position prior to 1974, where the lid was photographed at
45-degrees. It is interesting to note that the 1972 Car and Driver does
picture the lid at 45-degrees.

I wouldn't believe that this truly matters, with the remote possibly and
exception that a VTR concours judge would care. If this is the case, I
would like the book that specifies the correct position so that next time
I encounter this situation I could state... "well, it least my lid is not
on crooked"  :->
Corey Sherman
corey.sherman@rcn.com