Differential Leak

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Differential Leak
From: "Dan H. Detweiler" <dandet@alltel.net>
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2002 14:18:09 -0400
Hi Folks,

I am putting the differential back on my '70 TR6 which I am rebuilding. I put
a new gasket on the hypoid casing and then filled the differential with 2.25
pints of 80 weight gear oil as stated in the Bentley Manual. I put the casing
on and then laid it flat. Within about 5 minutes I noticed a small puddle of
oil on the drivers side of the diff. Did I just do something stupid or does
this mean a bad inner shaft oil seal or pinion oil seal? If so can somebody
give me a step by step on how to replace them. Is this something I need to
take to a shop to have done? Cost is becoming an issue at this point.

As always, thanks for your help in advance.

Dan H. Detweiler
1970 TR6
CC51639