Re: Spin on Oil Filter

To: "Jon L. Fry" <Jon@Fry.net>,
Subject: Re: Spin on Oil Filter
From: "Nelson Riedel" <nriedel@nextek.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2001 08:35:48 -0500
Hi Jon,

I had exactly the same experience the two times I installed adaptors many
years ago.  I forgot about the bad experience, so after a recent rebuild I
replaced the O Ring,  with the same results.   In those three cases I
managed to get the O ring seated crooked or got the adaptor started crooked
such that the O ring was pinched and damaged.  (Also,  no mater how damaged
the O rings were,  I found that they didn't want to be removed.)  A new
standard O ring and care to keep the adapter straight as the bolt is
tightened worked for me.

Nelson Riedel
Granville Ohio
'68TR250, '70TR6, '76TR6