clutch MC

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: clutch MC
From: Ryan Miles <rjhmile@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2001 09:52:23 -0700 (PDT)
List,

   I have had some similar problems with the clutch engaging right off the
floor. A friend suggested that I remove the tab that is on the back of the
clutch pedal itself (to try to manufacture some more hydroulic movement), but I
pushed the pedal once before I removed the tab and I noticed that the pedal
stopped before it actually hit the floor. I disconnected the pedal, and It will
go to the floor by itself, so it has to be the MC bottoming. I finally came to
the conclusion that the best option was to use brute force to see if I could
make the pedal go any farther (I was getting a little tired of clutch
problems). Sure enough after I pushed as hard as I could, the pedal now goes
almost to the floor. Has anyone ever experienced this? Should I be rebuilding
one of my other MC's?

P.S. This is a .75" MC from a 69 tr6...Now that I forced the pedal, the clutch
actually seems to disengage better.
http://phonecard.yahoo.com/