Re: Steering Rack Mounts

To: 6pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Steering Rack Mounts
From: Chuck Arnold <chuck.arnold@oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 09:31:05 -0700
I did it last year -- very easy.  Get the old mounts out without moving
the rack forward off the cross frame if you can [if not, I just use a
crowbar once all the mounts are off - and the steering rack is
disconnected -- to just gently pry it forward].  Put the rack back where
it goes if you had to move it.  Slide the bottom brackets in from the
side.  Put on the top brackets and the U-bolts, tighten, away you go.

Chuck