Re: Steering Rack Mounts

To: "John Zimmerman" <JohnZimmerman@vandorndemag.com>
Subject: Re: Steering Rack Mounts
From: Rob Pennington <robp@ncsa.uiuc.edu>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 10:57:27 -0500
I had a pair these in my TR6 and found that I had one that was broken after
just a few months when I had to take the rack loose again for something
else.  The metal had just cracked through at the bottom of the U. There
were no symptoms of the breakage when I was driving the car. I replaced
them with rubber one and may well try the nylatron (?) version that is
available sometime.

Rob