FW: Master Cylinder woes

To: "6packlist (E-mail)" <6pack@autox.team.net>,
Subject: FW: Master Cylinder woes
From: Chris Kincer <KincerC@abcbank.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 12:11:39 -0500
        Over the weekend I was attempting to get the 6 roadworthy enough to
take it on an hour long trip.  Tested the brakes and the pedal went to the
floor, opened the master cylinder reservoir and all the fluid was gone.  (I
had just filled it 3 weeks ago.)  From what I can tell it looks like I need
new seals, no matter how hard I try I can't get the front driver side brake
bled.  Always has air bubbles that won't go away no matter how long I pump.
        I took the master cylinder off and examined everything.  The seals
didn't really look that bad but I had never taken the master cylinder apart
before.  It also looks like it's leaking where the reservoir joins the
master cylinder closest to the servo unit.
        Is this a common leaking point?  I guess I need to order a master
cylinder repair kit.  Do all of the vendors sell the same quality kits?  Are
there any I should stay away from?
                                Thanks,
                                Chris Kincer
                                73 TR6