"A" type O.D.

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: "A" type O.D.
From: Bill McIntire <william.mcintire@wright.edu>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 11:36:58 -0400
Have and overdrive problem in that it won't shift in. The
solenoid chatters and won't pull up far enough to engage the
unit. A little help. by pushing on the lever on the other
side on the trans brings it in.

Last summer I changed the trans/od oil and cleaned the crap
outta the od filter screen (was Loaded). Is it
possible/probable I dislodged some other crap and it stuck
in the piston and/or valves in the area of the actuating
unit? Can one remove those components without disassembling
the whole unit? This description isn't too good - its the
series of pistons, springs and valves that go across the
unit near the bottom center - and that makes it clear as
mud, huh? Have never had an od unit that far down, yet, and
don't look forward to the PIA of putting it back on the
trans if I can circumvent it.

N E body got ideas - Dick?

TIA
Bill '70 6