Re: Can bearings and engine rebuild

To: "Chuck Arnold" <chuck.arnold@oracle.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: Can bearings and engine rebuild
From: "Robert" <trsix74@home.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 17:47:13 -0400
Now I am confused. Cam Bearings for a TR6 Engine. The Cam rests in the block
and unless there was damage done along the way, it should not need any more
than a polish. Crank Bearings yes! The 5 journals with the caps  need to be
aligned honed. It is suggested that new bolts be used but check the old
first. This can be done by simply threading a correct size nut onto the
bolt. If at any time they bind then the bolt is streched and should be
replaced. All your oil gallery plugs need to be removed for proper cleaning.
Some times they are real tight and the allen key will break. At this point
use the correct size easy-out to remove. All the freeze out plugs should be
removed before cooking and magna fluxing.Then there are those two wacky
plugs that come on a rod. They are tapered and once you have it in you must
cut off the extra and then file down the protruding piece.