Re: Can bearings and engine rebuild

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Can bearings and engine rebuild
From: Timothy Holbrook <tjh173@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 11:41:40 -0700 (PDT)
I installed a TRF TR6 cam bearing set on my car.  They were about $80 I
think.  That seems like a lot of money for four measley bearings
though.  If you can get them cheaper from Cambridge or someone else, go
for it.  As for replacing bearing caps with every engine rebuild-that's
news to me.  I've rebuilt my engine twice, and my brother's GT6 engine
once, and we never replaced the bearing caps, or the bolts for that
matter.  That seems a bit drastic to me.  I would understand it on a
full race engine or something, but a street car...?  Removing all the
oil galley plugs is quite easy, some are allen wrench types, others are
just small square headed plugs (like small versions of the plugs used
in the gearbox and diff) that you can remove with a small wrench.

Tim Holbrook
1971 TR6

http://auctions.yahoo.com/