TR6 engine question

To: 6 Pack List <6pack@autox.team.net>, TR6 List
Subject: TR6 engine question
From: Jim Davis <jh_davis@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 18:18:50 -0400
I did something stupid today and I'd like the lists opinion on how
serious my error was:
I put a new a/c compressor & bracket on CF38690 so I had to remove two
head bolt nuts and I thought I'd re-torque the head while I was there.
Without thinking much, I loosened all the head bolt nuts, installed the
a/c bracket and re-torqued the head. I then decided to change the oil
and I noticed some thin fluid coming out of the oil pan after awhile. It
didn't occur to me to drain the coolant, so some must have moved into
the cylinders and/or oil galleries while the head was un-torqued.
Should I just re-fill the crankcase and check for additional coolant in
oil, vice versa, or do I need to replace the head gasket? Something
else? How much trouble am I in?
Jim Davis
Fortson, GA
CF38690UO