Re: Speedo Gem

To: "6 pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Speedo Gem
From: vze2846b <vze2846b@verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2001 20:51:10 -0400
Joe,

You will probably want to replace the old O-ring that fits between the
bezel and the gauge.  As Bernard mentioned, it will most likely be very
stiff and brittle with age.

I made a replacement o-ring by going to my local hardware store (no Home
Depot for this trick) and asking if they had an o-ring fabrication kit.
This kit contains long strands of o-ring material in several different
thicknesses.  Once you cut the appropriate strand to length, you use the
enclosed Krazy glue to join the ends.  If it is done right, the o-ring is
as strong as a molded one.  BTW, my hardware shop made the o-rings from
their kit, I only paid for the strand and labor (about 2 minutes).

Regards,
Peter
'68 TR250

Peter Macholdt