Re: 5.0?

To: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor), DANMAS@aol.com
Subject: Re: 5.0?
From: "Bernard Robbins, NEC New Zealand Ltd" <brobbins@wlg.nec.co.nz>
Date: Sun, 08 Apr 2001 12:21:12 +1200
Hi Dick and Dan,

Talking about engine swaps...

Slightly off topic, but I met a guy yesterday on the way out of the local
parts shop with an MG which he'd done a motor swap to the Nissan RB25DET -
2.5 litre twin cam turbo six out of the skyline GTST. Standard this motors
is around 200 kW but there is room for improvement (the skyline guys here
regularly get 300+ kW with just a chip, filter and exhaust change). I
briefly saw under the bonnet - wow, what a tight squeeze.

I didn't get to ask what other mods he had made but I got the impression he
had just taken the skyline running gear and adapted it to this car. I
shudder to think how an otherwise standard MG would handle with that amount
of power (suicidal is a word that comes to mind).

However, the really nice thing about this one was it still had that loverly
"tuned six" sound but with Saturn V rocketship performance (I saw him
launch northwards at warp factor 5...)

Wonder how that would go in a '6...

Cheers
Bernard

At 13:47 7/04/2001 -0700, Sally or Dick Taylor wrote:
>Doug---In a posting on Apr. 6 Jorge L. asked if converting to a Fiesta
>alternator will bring on the rath of Triumph purists, and if this is
>tantamount to installing a 5.0 engine, as you now know is the popular
>Ford V8.
>Kinda' hard to follow this opera if not tuned in every day!
>
>DT

Regards

Bernard Robbins

NEC New Zealand Ltd