TR6 Still For Sale.....

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 Still For Sale.....
From: Trmgafun@aol.com
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 13:51:17 EDT
Hi folks,

This is my last effort to post my TR6 project to these lists.  So far I've
had numerous replies about this car, but no takers.  I'm amazed by this
because this is a very clean car that comes with over $3,000 worth of new
parts, a $2000 paint job, and the job (labor) of getting the car back on the
road has already been half completed.  When you think in terms of those
dollar amounts, you're paying for less than the amount of what parts, labor,
and a new paint job would cost, and therefore the car itself is virtually
free.  What more can you ask for.....

I recently set up a simple web page for anyone interested in viewing the car.

http://members.aol.com/triumphroadster/tr6.html

I purchased this car during March of this year from the widow of a man who
bought it slightly used back in 1973.  This car was his pride and joy, and he
took extremely good care of it throughout his entire life.  Shortly before he
died, he decided it was time to breathe some new life into the car.  He tore
the car apart, had the body tub and panels repainted (panels off the car),
then had good intentions to rebuild or replace everything that needed the
attention.  New parts were purchased, engine torn apart, head reworked, block
serviced by a local well known performance shop.  New convertible top with
zip out rear window.  Body reassembled after new paint job, etc.....
Unfortunately he wasn't able to complete the job.

I learned about this car from a local British car repair shop owner who told
me that it was one of the nicest examples he had seen in a long time.  I
immediately made arrangements to take a look at the car.  Low and behold, I
snatched it up quickly because I knew it would make a great project,
especially since it was so well preserved.  No unpleasant surprises lurking
within the chassis and body structures.  I gladly bought the car and its
boxes of parts for $4500.

Shortly after I purchased the car, my finances took a left turn at the
mortgage company.  Since I already have a fairly extensive British car
project in the works, and my kids are nearing college age, I've decided to
pass this car onto someone else for the same amount of money that I purchased
it for six months ago.

I was extremely excited to find this car, and I'm sure there's someone else
out there who would feel the same.  The car is located in South Bend, Indiana.

Scott Helms
Trmgafun@aol.com