Re: seat foam crumble

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: seat foam crumble
From: TR6GREG@aol.com
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2000 21:32:15 EDT
Mark, some may not agree, but I believe that if your seat cover material is
in sound condition, that is it's supple and has no tears, rips and the
stitching is in good shape, then I think that you can get away with just
replacing the foam...you'll probably have to replace the diaphrams also, as
they are probably in bad shape if they are as old as the foam.  The trick I
think is to be able to have the cover material go back  to the original
position as closely as possible when you reattach it to the frames.  You have
to have good, supple  material for this, otherwise it may rip and tear.
Also, you may have to retension the straps on the seat backs, as they have
probably worked loose over the years.  If you need any other help, let me
know, I completely restored my seats a couple of years ago and would be
willing to help out any way I can.

Greg Donegan
Hebron, KY
72 TR6  CC82492U