Re: Intro and engine miss quesstion

To: "Chris N. Shively" <b_cshively@cox-internet.com>
Subject: Re: Intro and engine miss quesstion
From: rcotting@mgnet.ca
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2000 08:38:37 -0300

Chris - Dick pointed out the obvious but I just wanted to jump in and say
that similar symptoms had me perplexed just a few weeks ago.  It turned out
to be just what Dick said - the most humbling cause in the book.  I started
by addressing a misfire that I commonly get with #6 plug fouling.  New
plugs didn't solve the problem so I replaced points which I do believe were
poor.  I t was at this step that I think I made the boo boo.  Anyway, I had
spark on #5 and #6 but no ignition on those cylinders.  I came very close
to removing carbs, head etc. since my engine is weak anyway and a rebuild
is just around the corner.  I did replace dist. cap, rotor, condenser.  A
light finally came on in some dark recess of my seriously lbc-challenged
brain.  You got 'er:   #5 and #6 wires had been swapped, probably when I
replaced the points and/or dist. cap.  Runs like a top again.  I just wish
I could back up to the loading ramp at my nearest auto supply store.  That
would make loading the 20W50 easier.

Rich C.
Definitely top up in Halifax, Nova Scotia due to drizzle and fog.