Re: Heater, Security Devices and a request for information.

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Heater, Security Devices and a request for information.
From: Btp44@aol.com
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2000 16:26:13 EDT
Peter-I installed my mine about 9" forward of the dash mount bracket on the
floor, although a few inches to rear would be more convenient. The valve is
mounted under the floor board with the stem and handle protruding through a
small hole in the floor and can be operated from the drivers seat. I used a
ball type valve that only requires a quarter turn to open or close, although
there are other types that would work. It was necessary to make a shorter
handle and stops. Be sure to use a valve at least as large the fuel line ID.
I mentioned that it made changing a fuel filter (or cleaning the fuel pump
screen) easier because the tank is higher than pump and there usually a gush
of gas to deal with when a line is disconnected.  Hope this clears the water,
or at least doesn't make it more murky.  Berry