More on security

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: More on security
From: Bernard Robbins <brobbins@wlg.nec.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2000 08:24:43 +1200
Ladies and Gentlemen,

I've used a very simple variation on the standard kill switch.

On my TR6PI I put a self latching relay in series with the electric fuel
pump. When I get into my car, I have to turn on the key and push a small
button to latch the relay and away I go. When I turn the ign key off, the
relay resets itself automatically. The beauty of this system is all the
would be thief can do is crank the motor over and most likely conclude that
there is something wrong with the car (entirely plausible for 25 year old
lucas electrics....).

The relay is a standard automotive relay available at the local electronics
store. The reset button was the smallest push button I could find (button
is 1mm in dia with 4mm mounting hole) and this I have hidden in the carpet
of the front kick panels on the drivers side.

This relay could just as easily be wired into the supply to the coil or
starter circuits.

I think I have a jpg of the circuit if anyone is interested.

Regards

Bernard Robbins

NEC New Zealand Ltd
Network Solutions